United Way for Greater Austin Community Investment Grants
United Way for Greater Austin brings people, ideas and resources together to fight poverty in our community. We know we are not in this fight against poverty alone. By partnering with key community leaders and stakeholders, we identify proven strategies and work toward a common goal. We back these efforts with Community Investment Grants (CIGs) to amplify our collective impact. With our CIGs, United Way seeks to advance the goals of the community-wide coalitions we lead and their strategic plans.
OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS
With this opportunity, we are focusing our investments in two priority areas:
- Priority I: 2-Gen - Wraparound Family Support
- Category 1: Education Foundations
- Category 2: Middle-Skills Job Training and Entrepreneurship
- Category 3: College
- Priority II: Success By 6 - Early Childhood Support
- Category 4: Perinatal Mental Health
- Category 5: Family Support Services
- October 11: Application Opens
- October 21 at 11 am: Informational Webinar Recording
- November 11 at 3:30 pm: Informational Webinar
- January 17: Proposals Due
- May 1: Decisions Announced
- July 1, 2022: Grant Term Starts
- Be a registered nonprofit organization and have an official letter of determination of 501c3 status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Individuals are not eligible for this grant opportunity.
- Have operated in Austin/Travis County for at least one year (in operations in Austin/Travis County on or before January 1, 2021).
- Provide services to families with low income in Austin/Travis County.
- Accept the terms of the United Way Grant Agreement
- Not be delinquent on any state or federal debt.
- Share United Way’s view of collaborative and inclusive service to the entire community, without excluding anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor not relevant to a person’s eligibility for service or ability to contribute.
One-on-One Technical Assistance
United Way is providing one-on-one technical assistance to organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The organization has not been funded by United Way for Greater Austin in the past 10 years AND/OR
- The organization does not employ a professional grantwriter or contract with a professional grantwriter AND/OR
- The organization has never received any grants funds (from any entity) before
To schedule a one-on-one appointment, you must start an application. If you do not have an account in Apply, register for an Organization account. When you start the application, you will be asked eligibility questions. If you are eligible for a TA appointment, the system will provide you instructions on scheduling an appointment.
How to Use Apply to Submit an Application
This step-by-step guide outlines the process of creating an account and completing an application using Apply: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edNlc_8TlhvFGbu7zxrBfd0osJkmljYB/view?usp=sharing